Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Becoz Maama says so :)

What are all the things your mom said when you were a kid and you actually believed they were true!!!

1. Santa actually existed and left presents for me on Christmas Day in the stockings. (I realised mom only kept the presents for me on Christmas Eve in the stockings after my 5th grade)

2. Guardian angel looks over you and keeps you away from all evil (Hmmm, in Fukuoka.... all alone in my apt... I hear footsteps and strange noises all the time... ... hope she is looking after me!!!!)

Some more from my friends:

3. Bhagwan jab rote hai toh baarish hoti hai.... (Bhagwanji or due to the condensation of water in clouds) aur bhagwan jab gussa hote hain toh badal garajte hain ... (science ki aisi ki thaisi.....)

Translation: When God cries, it rains..... (Is it God or due to the condensation of water in clouds) and when God gets angry, there are thunderstorms (Science is in a mess!!!)

4. Chanda mama aankhon main neend leke aate hain .... (mujhe to peth bharke khaane se hi mast neend aati hai :P)

Translation: Moon mama brings sleep in the eyes (I have a peaceful sleep with my tummy full ... slurp!!!!!)

5. Patile se malaai khaoge toh shaadi main baarish hogi .... as though that malaai is gonna become alive after 20 yrs.....

Translation: If you eat butter from the vessel ....it will rain in your marriage... as though butter is gonna become alive after 20 yrs....

6. Kabhi bhi kisiko hurt mat karna (Ab hum Gandhiji toh nahi hain.... insaan hi hain.. To err is human)

Translation: Dont hurt anyone (Well we are not Gandhiji.... just mere human beings... So to err is human)

Additions:

7. Mommy says I shouldn't talk to strangers! (Hmmm.... Mommy if I dont talk to strangers.... Ladki ko kaise pataoonga wink wink :P)

Translation: Mommy says I shouldn't talk to strangers! (Hmmm.... Mommy if I dont talk to strangers.... How will I talk to that beautiful girl...... wink wink :P)

Whatever she may have told.. in whatever way she may have told.... she is one person we will always believe through our life and we will always remain a kid to her (even though we maybe 50 yrs old :P)

Love you Maama always :)

P.S. Anyone has more stories please do drop in a line, I would love to add them......
Translations added on public request!!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails