Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Kagoshima $ Kirishima - Beauty personified.

Beautiful and serene are the words that conjure up in my mind when I think about Kagoshima and Kirishima. Although, I visited these two places 2 years back, the memories are still afresh in my mind. It was a 2 days visit to these places by car and it was a whole fun trip. Travelling by car in Japan is just so smooth. Great highways, a clear navigation system and smooth traffic all makes it a pleasure. People don't bend rules here because if you are caught doing so (You can't escape the cameras that are lined up all the highway), then it will be a trip to the Police Station. So, if you have an international license, please do make a trip by car too. This path has also a huge number of tunnels and we had so much of fun counting the number of tunnels also. In the end, we lost count and left it at that. So, enjoy this travel to Kagoshima and Kirishima with Travel Chachi :) 
.
The endless mountain ranges en route
.
.

.
.

.


.

The view from the park. It was breathtakingly scenic.
One of my colleagues start to grass ski from the top
And jack fell down the hill :)
Another colleague let the kid in him and took to this smaller version of grass ski
.
The nearby port
Sakurajima - An active volcano
Believed to be the entrance of a shrine. This was buried by the volcanic eruptions of 1914.

P.S. You can find more information about these places here - Sakurajima, Lake OnamiShinwa-no-Sato Park. The pics are from a time when I wasn't blogging so I don't many good pictures but the beauty of these two places attracted me so much that I couldn't stop writing about them. Some of my colleagues attempted the trek to Lake Onami in Winter (at peak snow time) with snow all through that path. So, imagine the trek through that :P
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails